An automobile, autocar, motor car or car is a wheeled motor vehicle used for transporting passengers, which also carries its own engine or motor. The year 1886 is regarded the year of birth of the modern automobile—with the Benz Patent-Motorwagen, by German inventor Karl Benz. Motorized wagons soon replaced animal-drafted carriages, when the Ford Model T was introduced in 1908. It was estimated in 2010 that the number of automobiles had risen to over 1 billion vehicles, up from the 500 million of 1986. The numbers are increasing rapidly, especially in China, India and other NICs.
Call of Juarez: GunslingerEdit
A Ford Model T makes a brief appearance in the beginning of the game as one drives past Silas Greaves, startling his horse.
Call of Juarez: The CartelEdit
Automobiles come in many forms: Cars, SUVs, Trucks, Tractor Trailers, motorcycles, and muscle cars. The vast majority of these are driven by Civilians. Others are simply parked and cannot be interacted with.
List of VehiclesEdit
- Hummer H2- The Hummer H2 is the primary vehicle used by Araña, Peacekeepers International, and the Mendoza Cartel. It appears in White, Yellow, Black, and (in one instance at Juan Mendoza's hacienda) Pink.
- Chevy Suburban- The Shevy Suburban is mainly used by Vatos Locos and Rolling 50's gangsters, and on rare occasions other enemy factions. It appears in White and Brown. The Chevy Suburban is also the Interagency Task Force's team car.
- Ford Crown Victoria- LAPD squad cars are primarily these vehicles. Civilians will also drive Ford Crown Victorias.
- Ford Pickup Truck- Peacekeeper's International mercenaries invade the abandonded alcazar in Ford Pickup Trucks. These trucks can also be seen throughout Ciudad Juarez.
- Chevrolet Chevy Van- During the hostage exchange at Lago Seca, Ben McCall and the Mendoza Cartel drive these vans. Some others can be seen throughout the campaign but are undriveable. They come in Black, Blue, Yellow, and Brown.
- In the marketplace in Ciudad Juarez, some trucks have the Dead Island licenseplate.